- Corporate Responsibility
- Media Contacts
- Press Releases
- Social Media
- Fact Sheets
- About PSEG
- Photo Gallery
- YouTube Videos
- Reports and Publications
- Investor Relations
- PSEG in the Community
PSE&G heat wave update: June 29, 2012 at 9:30 p.m.
-- At this time, PSE&G is reporting 200 weather-related outages scattered throughout the service territory.
-- The utility will have additional crews on hand throughout the weekend to respond to service interruptions as a result of the extreme weather conditions.
-- PJM, the regional grid operator, expects to have sufficient power supplies available to meet the increased demand throughout the weekend.
-- Customers should consider the following conservation and cost-saving tips throughout the summer:
- Turn off everything you’re not using: lights, TVs, computers, etc. Use dimmers, timers and motion detectors on indoor and outdoor lighting.
- Consider setting air conditioners to 78 degrees, health permitting.
- Close blinds, shades and draperies facing the sun to keep the sun’s heat out and help fans and air conditioners cool more efficiently.
- Close doors leading to uncooled parts of your home. With central air, close off vents to unused rooms.
- Delay heat-producing tasks such as washing and drying laundry or dishes until later in the day, and wait until load is full.
- Refrain from using nonessential appliances. The extra refrigerator in the garage should be unplugged or used only when necessary.
-- If you experience a power outage, please call PSE&G’s Customer Service line: 1-800-436-PSEG. Customers who are registered with My Account can also report power outages online. To do so, Log In now or register.
-- Customers can also monitor restoration progress by signing up and following us on our Twitter channel at http://twitter.com/psegdelivers
Public Service Enterprise Group (NYSE:PEG) is a publicly traded diversified energy company with annual revenues of more than $12 billion, and three principal subsidiaries: PSEG Power, Public Service Electric and Gas Company (PSE&G) and PSEG Energy Holdings. For more information, visit www.pseg.com.