- Corporate Responsibility
- Media Contacts
- Press Releases
- Social Media
- Fact Sheets
- About PSEG
- Photo Gallery
- YouTube Videos
- Reports and Publications
- Investor Relations
- PSEG in the Community
PSE&G Working to Make NJ "Energy Strong"
$3.9 Billion, 10-year -proposal will create 5,800 jobs and reduce power outages
Customer bills will remain stable – lower than in 2008
When Sandy devastated New Jersey and left millions without power, PSE&G was repeatedly asked what it was going to do to prevent outages in the face of increasingly extreme weather.
While we can't prevent storms, we can better prepare for them. We have developed a plan, Energy Strong, that will make our distribution systems more resilient. We propose putting thousands of people to work strengthening infrastructure, without asking customers to pay more.
The choice is to continue to make incremental improvements and repairs to our electric and gas systems, or to be forward-looking and make more substantial investments that will help better prepare our state for the next Irene, Sandy or other catastrophic event.
The outages caused by Sandy cost New Jersey businesses and residents hundreds of millions of dollars in revenue that will never be recovered. We must act now. The cost of inaction is too high.
To learn more:
- Press Release - (2/20/13) PSE&G Unveils $3.9 billion, 10-Year Proposal to Make NJ “Energy Strong”
- Fact Sheet
- Press Release - (2/25/14) In an unprecedented show of support, more than 100 town and counties representing more than five million people have endorsed PSE&G’s plan to make utility infrastructure more resilient to extreme weather conditions.
- An increasing number of business groups, labor unions and local governments support Energy Strong
- Press Release - (3/20/13) PSE&G Files Rates for Energy Strong Program
- Here's what people are saying about our plan to make the state ENERGY STRONG
- Listing of electric switches and stations to be raised or fortified
- Listing of Natural Gas installations to be raised or fortified
- Bill Impact chart for residential customers
- Bill Impact charts for small, medium and large business customers
- PSE&G's Energy Strong filing with the NJ BPU - filed February 20, 2013
- PSE&G's Energy Strong Revised Schedule For Supplemental filing with the NJ BPU - filed March 20, 2013
- Photos available for download by reporters/bloggers
Make NJ Energy Strong
Learn about our plan and register your support.
PSE&G President says $3.9B project
would make improvements in all areas.
This Wall Street Journal video
shows what went on while the worst storm in PSE&G's history raged.