- Corporate Responsibility
A thought leader on environmental stewardship
"Climate change is the preeminent issue of our time. How we respond to climate change will define our company and our industry for decades to come."
PSEG has been an outspoken advocate for policies to protect our environment. Read recent federal and state testimony, statements by PSEG executives, press and magazine articles.
Federal and State Testimony
- PSEG’s Eric Svenson, VP Policy and EH&S, makes a presentation about the EPA’s Utility Air Regulations to the New Jersey Clean Air Council - October 12, 2011
- Bill Levis, President and Chief Operating Officer for PSEG Power, testified on March 30, 2011 before the U.S. Senate Appropriations Committee’s Energy and Water Development Subcommittee on behalf of the nuclear industry. Read the Nuclear Energy Institute (NEI) news release and Levis’ testimony. You can also view a video from the hearing.
- PSEG provided written testimony on Disposal of Coal Combustion Residuals from Electric Utilities to the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). The comments address Hazardous and Solid Waste Management Systems; Identification and Listing of Special Wastes; Disposal of Coal Combustion Residuals From Electric Utilities. - November 18, 2010
- PSEG’s Eric Svenson, VP Policy and EH&S, provided testimony on “EPA’s Proposal for Federal Implementation Plans to Reduce Interstate Transport of Fine Particulate Matter and Ozone” to the Subcommittee on Clean Air and Nuclear Safety hearing entitled, "Oversight: EPA’s Proposal for Federal Implementation Plans to Reduce Interstate Transport of Fine Particulate Matter and Ozone." - July 22, 2010
- PSEG Chairman Ralph Izzo Testifies on Federal Transmission Policy - June 12, 2009
- Izzo Calls for National Renewable Energy Portfolio Standard - February 10, 2009
- PSE&G President Urges New Jersey Legislators to Support Renewable and Energy Efficient Investments to Weather Economic Storm - October 6, 2008
- PSEG Supports Quick Congressional Action on Clean Air in Wake of CAIR Vacature - July 29, 2008
- PSEG Executive Anne Hoskins Affirms Support for Energy Master Plan Goals - July 10, 2008
- PSEG Chairman Ralph Izzo Testifies Before Congress on Energy Independence and Global Warming. Ralph Izzo, President, Chairman and CEO of PSEG calls for a national cap and trade program and a regulatory framework that encourages investment in renewable energy and energy efficient technologies - October 10, 2007 (Also, see EPA's Global Warming website)
- PSE&G Supports Strong Role for Utilities in Meeting State’s Aggressive Energy Efficiency Goals - September 5, 2007
- PSEG Says Energy Companies Have a Key Role In Addressing Climate Change In New Jersey. Richard Thigpen, Vice President—State Government Affairs, and Donald McCloskey, Jr., Director – Environmental Strategy and Policy, testified before the Climate Change Hearing and pledged that their company intends to continue in a heightened leadership role in New Jersey - April 17, 2007
- PSEG Calls On Congress To Enact National CO2 Cap and Trade Program. CEO Ralph Izzo tells House Subcommittee that setting market price for carbon is the key to addressing climate change issue - March 29, 2007
- Testimony of Ralph Izzo, President and Chief Operating Officer, PSEG, Before the New Jersey State Assembly Committee On Telecommunications And Utilities - February 8, 2007
- PSEG Supports Proposed Regional Greenhouse Gas Initiative (RGGI) bill. Rick Thigpen, Vice President of State Governmental Affairs, testified on December 6, 2006 before the New Jersey Assembly Environment and Solid Waste Committee. He presented PSEG’s views on the proposed Regional Greenhouse Gas Initiative (RGGI) legislation - December 6, 2006 (Also, see RGGI's website)
Speeches and Presentations
- PSEG’s Eric Svenson, VP Policy & Environment, Health & Safety (EH&S) presented on “Navigating the Choppy Environmental Waters” at the Wells Fargo 9th Annual Pipeline, MLP and Energy Symposium. This presentation focuses on the complexity of the problems and the hard work that is done everyday to make the right decisions. It also explains how PSEG goes about our business, and includes PSEG’s investment costs on emission control measures, deploying alternative energy technologies, energy efficiency, and the regulatory environment. - December 8, 2010
- PSEG Chairman Ralph Izzo is quoted on American Public Media in an article “Placing bets on clean energy”. “In other words, for low-carbon electricity to become a long-term winning bet -- and seriously displace coal -- national and international policymakers may have to jump in”. - December 1, 2010
- Caroline Dorsa, Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer presented at the 2010 Edison Electric Institute Financial Conference - November 1-2, 2010
- Addressing Energy Conference, PSEG Chairman Says “Energy is the Public Works Project of our Time” - October 17, 2008
- Ralph LaRossa - President & COO, PSE&G, Remarks from PSE&G’s Carbon Abatement Initiative Press Conference - December 6, 2007
- Izzo Delivers Keynote Address To Clean Air-Cool Planet Global Warming & Energy Solutions Conference. Ralph Izzo, PSEG chairman, president and CEO, today delivered the keynote address at Clean Air-Cool Planet‘s Global Warming & Energy Solutions conference in Manchester, New Hampshire. The two-day conference brought together business, labor and community leaders united in looking for real solutions to the problem of climate change - October 12, 2007
- Global Warming Response Act. Statement on the passage of the Global Warming Response Act by Ralph Izzo, Chairman, President and CEO, PSEG - June 21, 2007
- Green Nuclear Future. Chairman and CEO Ralph Izzo discusses how nuclear stations can supply electricity with zero - or low-carbon emissions - and do so in abundance and throughout the calendar year. From Forbes - September 21, 2007
Spurs the Economy, Creates Jobs and Protects Public Health
Learning From Experience:
Building an Economically Strong, Environmentally Responsible Energy Future
The Role of Transmission...
in the Clean Energy Economy.