- Corporate Responsibility
The 2012 Summer Enrichment Program for Youth
About the Funding Program
The PSEG Foundation will be reviewing proposals from quality summer enrichment programs for potential funding to support operations for summer 2012. A total of $60,000 in grants will be awarded to organizations that can demonstrate:
- A commitment to continuous improvement, with a focus on outcomes and evaluation (30 percent)
- A focus on project-based activities and experiential learning (30 percent)
- An ability to provide at least 120 hours of programming, maintain an average daily attendance of 85 percent or higher, and maintain a staff to youth ratio of at least 1:12. (20 percent)
- An ability to maintain continued operations (i.e. effective fundraising) (10 percent)
- It is fun, engaging and built on the interests of student participants (10 percent)
- Demonstrate successful operation of a summer enrichment program for at least two years;
- Located in a geographic area within PSE&G’s service territory or Salem County, NJ, OR service a large number of students residing within one of these areas;
- Demonstrate the ability to fund 70 percent of the summer program operating budget with OTHER funding sources. PSEG will not fund more than 30 percent of the program’s overall operating budget.
- Current 501(c)(3) status (verification will be made by PSEG using GuideStar)
The Foundation will consider individuals requests of up to $15,000. Depending on the strength of the proposals, the Foundation anticipates granting up to 6 grants ranging from $5,000-$15,000.
References: National Summer Learning Association: http://www.summerlearning.org/
Complete the online funding application:
- Part I: Organization & Contact Information
- Part II: Program Overview & Summary
- Part III: Description of Program & Evaluation Activities
In addition, attach the following items (attachments will be requested at the end of the online application process):
- Item #1 – Supplemental Grant Application (includes the following sections):
- Part IV: Program Details & Enrollment
- Part V: Staffing, Training & Safety
- Part VI: Summer Budget & Narrative
- Item #2 – Attach a board list including occupations and telephone number; note officers.
- Item #3 – An organization budget for the current fiscal year indicating income and expenses.
Applications must be received in PSEG’s online grants management system
by 5 p.m. on Monday, May 25.
If you have questions, please contact Shauwea Hamilton or 973-430-7053.
Applications must be electronically submitted through the PSEG online system, the application must include all three attachments referenced above to be evaluated for funding.
Read our Latest Monthly Newsletter!Review past issues and sign up to get it emailed to you monthly.
September 17, 2013PSEG to Award $160,000 in grants to further STEM education in NJ
September 12, 2013PSEG Again Recognized as Sustainability Leader
emPOWERED: Your Renewable Energy Future
Plan a trip to see the new exhibit supported by PSEG. Grand opening May 19.
Helping to Transform Neighborhoods
PSEG funds projects to restore dignity and quality of life to NJ communities.