- Customer Service
- Manage Energy Costs
- Education & Safety
- My Bill
Education & Safety /
- Safety Tips and Information
- Call Before You Dig
- Carbon Monoxide Safety
- Downed Power Lines
- Flood Safety
- Teacher & Student Resources
- Energy Calculators and Lesson Plans
- Tree Maintenance
Saving energy is one sure way to save money. Consider some of the energy saving tips below to help you manage your energy bottom line.
Winter energy-saving tips:
- Lower your thermostat. Set your thermostat as low as possible
in the winter. Lowering your thermostat at night, or using a programmable thermostat to adjust the temperature when you’re away, can also help save energy.
- Keep warm air inside. If you have storm windows, make sure they’re down and in place. Raise shades and open drapes during the day. Close shades and curtains at night.
- Properly insulate your attic, basement, crawl spaces, ceilings and water heater.
Summer energy-saving tips:
- Raise your thermostat. Set the thermostat of your central air conditioner at the highest comfortable temperature, and use a programmable thermostat to adjust the temperature when you’re away.
- Keep out the heat. Close blinds, shades, and curtains facing the sun.
- Minimize the use of appliances that produce heat, such as stoves and dryers.
- Sign up for PSE&G’s Cool Customer Program and receive an electric bill credit and FREE programmable thermostat to help you save energy and money during the summer and year round.