- Customer Service
- Save Energy & Money
- Education & Safety
- Manage My Account
Education & Safety /
- Teacher & Student Resources
- Community Updates
- Safety First
- Safety Tips for New Homeowners
- Vegetation Management
- Welcome to the Neighborhood
- About PSE&G
- Meter Reading
- Payment Options
- Safety Information
- PSE&G Worryfree Services
- The Help You Need
- Energy Saving Tips
- Applying for Electric and/or Gas Service?
- PSE&G Customer Service Centers
- Customer Bill of Rights
Saving energy is one sure way to save money. Consider some of the energy saving tips below to help you manage your energy bottom line.
Winter energy-saving tips:
- Lower your thermostat. Set your thermostat as low as possible
in the winter. Lowering your thermostat at night, or using a programmable thermostat to adjust the temperature when you’re away, can also help save energy.
- Keep warm air inside. If you have storm windows, make sure they’re down and in place. Raise shades and open drapes during the day. Close shades and curtains at night.
- Properly insulate your attic, basement, crawl spaces, ceilings and water heater.
Summer energy-saving tips:
- Raise your thermostat. Set the thermostat of your central air conditioner at the highest comfortable temperature, and use a programmable thermostat to adjust the temperature when you’re away.
- Keep out the heat. Close blinds, shades, and curtains facing the sun.
- Minimize the use of appliances that produce heat, such as stoves and dryers.
- Sign up for PSE&G’s Cool Customer Program and receive an electric bill credit and FREE programmable thermostat to help you save energy and money during the summer and year round.