- Customer Service
- Save Energy & Money
- Education & Safety
- Manage My Account
Save Energy & Money /
- Home Energy Toolkit
- Converting My Home to Natural Gas
- Reduce My Bill
- Go Solar
- Is it right for you?
- Installing Solar
- Closing your loan
- Current Capacity Report
- Contact Us
- Cool Customer
Is Solar Power right for me?
What should I consider before moving forward?
A solar electric system can lower your energy bills and significantly reduce your environmental footprint.
But, if you’re thinking of installing a system and applying for the PSE&G Solar Loan Program, you should…
- Own your own home.
- Maintain an Experian FICO score of 680 or higher(1).
- Reside in PSE&G’s electric service area.
- Have predominantly South facing, unobstructed roof areas without shading. It is ok too be East or West of due south up to a point – most sites will not be 180 degree due South.
- Have a large enough installation area. A solar electric system requires approximately 100 ft2 of installation area per kilowatt.
- Have a well-maintained roof that is, ideally, less than 5 years old. If your roof is older than that, you might consider replacement before installing a solar electric system.
(1)720 if self-employed less than 2 years.
If you meet these requirements, now is the time to make solar power a reality for your home.
Click here to learn how to get started.
Click here for the application form
Excel loan estimator
Solar Brochure PDF
Download the solar loan brochure