- Customer Service
- Save Energy & Money
- Education & Safety
- Manage My Account
Education & Safety /
- Teacher & Student Resources
- Community Updates
- Safety First
- Safety Tips for New Homeowners
- Vegetation Management
- Welcome to the Neighborhood
An Ounce of Prevention
Help PSE&G Employees Stay Safe
PSE&G regularly comes to your home to take meter readings or to service your appliances. In addition, we’re often in your neighborhood checking gas or electric problems for you. Help us stay safe in and around your home.
- Make sure paths leading to your meters and appliances are safe and properly lit — especially stairs.
- Keep the area around your outside meters clear of rakes, water hoses and other gardening tools.
- Keep the area around your inside meters clear of clutter such as clothes, shoes, and boxes on floors and basement stairs.
- Keep the area around your appliances free and clear of clutter.
- Make sure the areas around PSE&G’s utility poles, meters, and transformer boxes are easy to get to and clear of plants and trees.
- Let us know if you have a dog or other pets before we enter your home. Please put pet(s) behind closed doors when our workers are in or around your house.
- Tell us ahead of time about hazardous conditions such as broken steps or loose railings.
On the road:
- Use caution as you approach utility employees working in the street.
- Pay attention to emergency workers directing the flow of traffic.
- Respect traffic cones.
- Be patient and careful, and follow the traffic control warnings around PSE&G job sites.
Traffic accidents can put our employees in danger and keep us from reaching you when you need us. While driving:
- Leave three seconds traveling distance between you and the vehicle in front of you.
- When driving through an intersection, take your foot off the gas, put it lightly over the brake and check both ways for vehicles.
Give driving 100% of your attention. Don’t be distracted by cell phones, CDs or drinking coffee. Remember that in New Jersey, it is against the law to use a cell phone while driving, unless it is hands-free.