- Customer Service
- Save Energy & Money
- Education & Safety
- Manage My Account
Customer Service /
- View or Pay My Bill
- Walk-in Customer Service Centers
- Contact Us
- Start, Stop or Transfer Service
- Service Upgrade and New Installations
- Repair, Replace & Protect My Equipment
- Submit My Meter Reading
- Report Power Outage
- Outage Maps
- What to Do if You Lose Power
- Community Resources
- Downed Power Lines
- Electric Generators
- Restoring Electric or Gas Service
- Flood Safety
- General Tips
- Report a Streetlight Out
- Follow us on Twitter
- Help Paying My Bill
- File a Claim
- Life-Sustaining Equipment
- Energy Choice
What To Do if You Lose Power
- If you lose power, first check your fuse and/or circuit breaker box and main breaker if appropriate. If that is not the problem, and your neighbors also have no power, call PSE&G at 1-800-436 7734.
- If your fuse or breakers are in a flooded area, do not go near them until the water recedes or is removed.
- Always stay away from fallen power lines, and always assume they are energized. Notify us at 1-800-436-7734 if you notice wires are down in your area.
- Know how to open your garage door without the electric opener.
- Remember, electric well and sump pumps will not operate.
- Unplug all motor-driven appliances like refrigerators and freezers and sensitive electronic equipment (like TVs, microwaves and computers) to prevent a possible electrical overload when power is restored.
- Leave one light switch on to indicate when power is restored.
- Have a battery-operated radio and flashlight handy.
Tips to prevent food spoilage:
- Keep the refrigerator and freezer doors closed. An unopened refrigerator will keep foods cold enough for a few hours. A freezer that is half full will hold food safely for up to 24 hours and a full freezer, between 36 and 48 hours.
- Throw a blanket over appliances for added insulation.
- You can also extend food storage by packing refrigerated milk, dairy products, meats, fish poultry, eggs, and other foods in a cooler surrounded by ice.
- Specific advice on food spoilage is available from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and from the American Red Cross.
Customer Service /
Report a Power Outage
Log In to My Account or call 800-436-PSEG (7734).
PSE&G Outage Center /
Check the Outage Maps
The Outage Center shows outages in our service territory using a graphic interface.
Outage Updates and News /
Follow us on Twitter
For the latest on outages, safety messages, energy savings tips and breaking news.