- Customer Service
- Manage Energy Costs
- Education & Safety
- My Bill
- Energy Saving Tips and Tools
- Programs That Can Help You Pay Your Bill
- Rebates, Incentives and Energy Programs
- Converting My Home to Natural Gas
- Advantages of Natural Gas
- The Conversion Process
- Rebate Incentives
- Solar Loan Program
The Conversion Process
While no two gas conversions projects follow the same course, a general process exists that is somewhat predictable. You can generally count on the conversion process to follow the following steps:
The Customer identifies a need for new or replacement gas equipment.
- PSE&G is available to provide an estimate to replace your old gas / oil / electric / propane residential heating system for existing natural gas customers in our service territory
- For existing natural gas customers, please call 1-800-539-PSEG (7734) for an estimate
- If you do not have natural gas to your home or business, or if you need to increase your usage for additional equipment, please proceed below:
- The Customer contacts a plumber or HVAC contractor of their choice.
- The plumber or HVAC contractor performs preliminary equipment design & specifications, and contacts PSE&G with gas load information.
- PSE&G provides the customer or project manager with estimates for the installation of gas service (if required). If there is an existing gas service, PSE&G will determine if the pressure, service, regulator and meter are adequate to meet the additional gas load(s).
- The customer or project manager finalizes design based upon PSE&G’s service entrance location.
- The HVAC contractor or plumber finalizes the customer’s commitment.
- PSE&G, if required, constructs main extensions and service connections.
- The HVAC contractor or plumber installs the new / replacement gas equipment.
- PSE&G inspects the installation and sets metering equipment. Gas service is turned on provided local inspections are complete.
WorryFree Heating Protection Plans
Stay warm and relaxed all season long with WorryFree Protection Plans.