- ABOUT PSEG
- PSEG POWER LLC
- PSEG LONG ISLAND
- Making New Jersey Energy Strong
- For Your Home
- For Your Business
- Energy Efficiency
- Electric & Gas Tariffs
- Regulatory Filings
- OASIS - Electric Transmission Information
- Solar 4 All Program
- Solar 4 All Extension
- Landfills / Brownfields Segment
- Pilot Program Segment
- RFP / RFI Announcements
- Reliability Projects
PSE&G's Solar 4 AllTM Program
Toxic Land Generates Solar Energy, by National Geographic
New Jersey is turning eyesores into solar farms converting old and forsaken sites into sources of clean energy. Through its Solar 4 All program, PSE&G has helped the state has become a leader in solar energy capacity.
The PSE&G Solar 4 All™ program is developing 125 megawatts (MW) of solar capacity directly connected to the grid. Enough solar energy to power about 20,000 average size New Jersey homes each year.
Solar 4 All provides numerous benefits to PSE&G customers and the State of New Jersey:
- The program is helping to create jobs and drive economic development by making New Jersey a leading state for solar power.
- The power generated by Solar 4 All projects is used by all PSE&G electric customers.
- Solar 4 All provides New Jersey with clean, carbon-free renewable energy, replacing some amount of traditional fossil fuel electric generation.
- The value from the sale of electricity and capacity into the wholesale electric market, the solar renewable energy certificates (SRECs) that it generates and the federal investment tax credits are used to help offset the cost of the program.
Solar 4 All is divided into two initiatives – 82 megawatts of “centralized” solar and 40 megawatts in “neighborhood” solar (pole attached solar units). This approach allows PSE&G to tap previously unused resources – space on utility poles, remediated brownfields and flat-top roofs – to unlock solar’s potential and deliver its benefits to all customers.
Photos: (thumbnails, and download high resolution images).
- Governor Christie supports PSE&G’s efforts to create jobs through solar projects that turn brownfields and landfills green
- PSE&G’s Solar 4 All program featured on WPIV-TV (Channel 6 Action News) in Philadelphia
- PSE&G begins building Silver Lake solar farm in Edison, NJ - one of four ground-mounted solar farms being developed as part of the Solar 4 All™ Program
- Preview Available Videos
- Download Solar Rooftop Installation Video (327MB Quicktime MOV)
- Download Pole Mounted Solar Video (178MB Quicktime MOV)
Solar 4 All Extension Pilot Program RFI
Register to participate.
VIDEO: Governor Christie supports PSE&G’s efforts
to create jobs through solar projects that turn brownfields green.
Bergen Record editorial lauds PSE&G & Gov. Christie’s
position on renewable energy and the plan to support it.