- About PSEG
- PSEG Power LLC
- PSEG Long Island
- Our Companies
- Fast Facts
- Corporate Leadership
- Health & Safety
- Supplier Diversity
- Security - Business Assurance & Resilience
- Standards of Integrity
Awards & Recognition
PSEG has been an active member of the community for more than 100 years. The Company and its employees are honored to receive a number of awards and recognition from organizations from a variety of disciplines. Awards and recognition in overall corporate performance, community support, diversity, and the environment are just some of the areas where PSEG has been recognized.
- PSEG ranked as number 29 on the top 100 list of military-friendly employers in 2014, by Victory Media, publisher of G.I. Jobs and Military Spouse. The annual listing recognizes companies that have a strong commitment to supporting military veterans.
- PSE&G received the prestigious ReliabilityOne Award for the Mid-Atlantic region twelve years in a row by PA Consulting, a national industry benchmarking group. PSE&G was also named America’s Most Reliable Electric Utility five out of the past nine years.
- PSEG was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability North America Index for the sixth consecutive year. The index is a guide for investors who want to consider dedication to sustainability when making investment decisions. It also is a benchmark for companies that want to adopt sustainable best practices. The Dow Jones Sustainability Indices (DJSI) recognize companies that are best in class among their peers in meeting certain economic, environmental and social criteria. PSEG's 2013 Sustainability Report highlights its accomplishments, and outlines the challenges the company faces in its quest to be a leader in providing safe, reliable, economic and greener energy.
PSE&G ranks third in solar capacity among American utilities according to the Solar Electric Power Association (SEPA).
- PSE&G received the “Innovation in Customer Service” Award from CS Week for use of Twitter during Superstorm Sandy to communicate with customers -- an effort that culminated in the company having more followers than any other utility in the United States. JD Power and Associates also identified PSE&G’s use of Twitter during Sandy as a best practice, citing in a recent report the utility’s “industry-leading communications success” and writing "PSE&G worked harder than other impacted utilities to get its message out to consumers…PSE&G responded to its customers and other stakeholders and maintained a constant flow of information about power restoration progress.
- PSEG was named to the 2013 FORTUNE List of Most Admired Companies, ranking fourth among electric and gas companies in the United States.
- PSE&G’s Multifamily Housing Program and Hospital Efficiency Program were recently honored for outstanding effectiveness and innovation by the American Council for an Energy-Efficient Economy (ACEEE) as part of their Third National Review of Exemplary Energy Efficiency Programs. The Residential Multifamily Housing Program was honored as an “exemplary” program, while the PSE&G Hospital Efficiency Program was lauded with an “honorable mention” in the national awards program. Programs selected for honors by ACEEE were judged especially noteworthy for their effectiveness and innovation in helping customers achieve greater levels of energy efficiency in their homes, businesses and industries.
- PSEG was awarded the 2012 Regional Corporation of the Year Award by the Certified Minority Business Enterprises of the New York & New Jersey Minority Supplier Development Council, Inc. Prior to winning this prestigious award, PSEG received outstanding recognition awards for the advancement of supplier diversity from The New Jersey Institute of Supply Chain Management and the New Jersey Board of Public Utilities Supplier Diversity Development Council.
- PSEG received the Extraordinary Employer Support Award from the Employer Support of Guard and Reserve (ESGR). The company was recognized for its sustained support of employees who are Guard and Service members in the military. PSEG is one of only two New Jersey-based companies to ever receive this award.
- PSEG Nuclear was honored by the Salem County Vocational Technical Schools (SCVTS) Foundation with its annual Leadership Award. PSEG was recognized for being a consistent dedicated partner in providing educational opportunities for many students throughout the county, especially for its support of SCVTS' student scholarships, Academy of Energy applications and the annual career Exploration Summer Program for sixth and seventh grade students.
- PSEG was recognized as an employer of choice by Equal Opportunity magazine, being named to its list of “Top 50 Employers” in the country. Featured in the publication’s 2013 winter edition, this annual listing denotes employers identified by Equal Opportunity magazine readers as an organization they would most prefer to work for or that they believe would provide a positive working environment for members of minority groups. PSEG’s ranking on this list celebrates its commitment to creating and sustaining an environment that promotes the principles of diversity and inclusion in all areas of the business.
- PSE&G receives and award from the Edison Electric Institute for outstanding restoration efforts after Superstorm Sandy. The award acknowledges PSE&G for restoring power to its nearly 1.9 million customers impacted by Sandy, as well as for its outstanding storm management practices, such as communicating effectively with the public. This is the second year industry peers have honored PSE&G with this award; recognizing the utility each time for its efforts to restore service promptly after a storm or natural disaster. Previously, PSE&G received the award for its response efforts to Hurricane Irene and the subsequent flood that occurred in 2011.
- PSE&G was named America's Most Reliable Electric Utility for the fifth time in eight years. Additionally, the utility won the ReliabilityOne Award as the most reliable electric utility in the Mid-Atlantic region, for the eleventh consecutive year. All utilities operating an electric delivery network in North America are eligible for consideration. PA Consulting Group, a national industry benchmarking group, considers over 150 utilities a year for this award that honors excellence in delivering reliable electrical energy.
- PSEG was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index for the second consecutive year. It was one of only two American utilities to make the important international list. The index is a guide for investors who want to consider dedication to sustainability when making investment decisions. It also is a benchmark for companies that want to adopt sustainable best practices. The Dow Jones Sustainability Indexes (DJSI) recognizes companies that are best in class among their peers in meeting certain economic, environmental and social criteria. PSEG's 2012 Sustainability Report highlights its accomplishments, and outlines the challenges the company faces in its quest to be a leader in providing safe, reliable, economic and green energy.
- PSE&G was named an NJBIZ “Healthcare Hero” in recognition of its innovative energy efficiency program for hospitals. The award was given as part of the newspaper’s annual program that honors the efforts of individuals and organizations that are making a significant impact on the quality of health care in New Jersey.
- PSE&G moved to second place from 10th place last year on the J.D. Power and Associates 2012 Electric Utility Residential Customer Satisfaction Study among large utilities in the East region. The study is based on responses from more than 100,000 online interviews, among residential customers of the 126 largest electric utility brands across the United States, which collectively represent nearly 94 million households. PSE&G also scored 626 on the overall Customer Satisfaction Index (CSI), 19 points better than last year.
- PSE&G Ranked 2nd in Nation for Solar Energy - According to a Solar Electric Power Association (SEPA) survey, PSE&G had the second most solar capacity of any American utility added to its electric system last year. More than 181 solar megawatts were installed in PSE&G’s service territory during 2011, a 142 percent increase from 2010. In addition, PSE&G ranked ninth in the SEPA annual utility report for the amount solar capacity installed last year per customer. This is the fifth annual SEPA survey, and PSE&G has placed in the top five for four consecutive years. This year’s second-place finish is the highest ranking that the company has ever achieved.
- PSEG has been ranked #29 in “G.I. Jobs Top 100 Military-Friendly Employers for 2012.” A very competitive national list, this award is a testament to PSEG's diversity outreach and company benefits designed to create an inclusive workplace for military professionals and veterans.
Five thousand companies with annual revenues in excess of $500 million competed for this prestigious award. Criteria for “G.I. Jobs Top 100 Military-Friendly Employers for 2012” rankings included assets dedicated to military hiring, Reserve/Guard policies, percentage of new hires who are veterans, veteran training programs, and previous three years’ rankings.
- PSEG was named to the 2012 FORTUNE List of Most Admired Companies, ranking fourth among electric and gas companies in the United States.
- PSE&G won the prestigious Emergency Response Award from the Edison Electric Institute (EEI) for its outstanding response in restoring customers during Hurricane Irene. The utility also was recognized for its advanced planning and enhanced communications prior to and throughout the storm and restoration efforts. PSE&G is a member of EEI, which is the association of U.S. shareholder-owned electric companies.
- For the tenth consecutive year, PSE&G won the ReliabilityOne Award as the most reliable electric utility in the Mid-Atlantic region. All utilities operating an electric delivery network in North America are eligible for consideration. PA Consulting Group, a national industry benchmarking group, considers over 150 utilities a year for this award that honors excellence in delivering reliable electrical energy.
PSE&G was also honored with PA Consulting's Outstanding Response to a Major Outage Event Award, for their well managed and effective response to the March 2010 storm - categorized as the worst in the company’s history. Due to proficient planning and proactive communication, PSE&G’s restoration efforts were a success. Additionally, in four of the last seven years, PSE&G has also been recognized as the nation’s reliability leader.
- PSEG ranked sixth on the Public Utilities Fortnightly 40 Report for the best energy companies. Fortnightly evaluated 82 companies on such factors as return on assets, cash flow, profitability and dividend yield.
- PSEG wins international sustainability accolades, being one of just two U.S. energy companies to be named to this year’s prestigious Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. The index serves as a benchmark for investors who integrate sustainability considerations into their portfolios, and it is an important indicator of success, given that companies that embrace sustainability are consistently among the highest performers in their industry. The international honor was given based on the quality of PSEG’s strategy, management and performance in dealing with opportunities and risks derived from economic, environmental and social developments.
- The Edison Electric Institute presented PSEG with the 2011 EEI Advocacy Excellence Award for their dividend tax advocacy campaign to persuade Congress to extend the 2003 law that lowered dividend tax rates.
- For the second consecutive year, PSEG has been recognized as a Platinum-Level Start! Fit-Friendly Company by the American Heart Association’s Start! initiative for helping employees eat better and move more. The Platinum Level is the highest level of recognition and designed to be a catalyst for positive change in American business. The program recognizes employers who champion the health of their employees by creating physical activity programs within the workplace.
- According to J.D. Power and Associates’ 2010 Gas Utility Business Customer Satisfaction StudySM, PSE&G ranks highest in customer satisfaction with business natural gas service in the Eastern U.S.
- PSEG was awarded with the 2010 Disability Matters Award for significant achievements that have strengthened the company’s brand within the community of people with disabilities. Presented by Springboard Consulting, LLC, the Disability Matters Award is given to corporations that are leading the way in supporting and conducting outreach to people who either have a disability, or who have a child or other dependent with special needs. It is one of the most prestigious diversity awards in the United States.
- PSEG was included in the World Sustainability Yearbook, the world’s most comprehensive publication on corporate sustainability and the related challenges and opportunities for companies. The yearbook identifies sector leaders around the world and classifies them according to their comparative performance. PSEG has qualified as “SAM Sector Leader – Bronze Class.”
- PSE&G ranked second nationally for “Being a Company You Can Trust,”and sixth for “Being Well-Managed” by Market Strategies International.
- PSE&G was awarded"Best CIS Implementation at a Large Company" by CS Week. Awards are presented to one large and one small utility for a highly successful CIS project implemented during 2010-2011.
- PSEG’s legal department was named one of the New Jersey Law Journal’s Top Five Legal Departments of the Year, for its community service and pro bono work.
- PSE&G received the Outstanding Achievement WARMAdvantage Award from the New Jersey Board of Public Utilities. The WARMAdvantage Award is given to the company with the largest number of customers applying for WARMAdvantage program rebates.
- For the ninth year in a row, PSE&G received the prestigious ReliabilityOne™ Award for the Mid-Atlantic region. PA Consulting, a national industry benchmarking group, has named PSE&G as America's Most Reliable Utility, four of the past six years.
- PSE&G received two awards from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s National Partnership for Environmental Priorities program, for its work to reduce the impact of harmful chemicals on the environment:
* Removing 1.8 million pounds of lead from the environment
* Special recognition for outstanding contributions, such as replacing mercury containing gas regulators and thermostats, and recycling mercury containing street lamps and electronic equipment.
- PSEG received the 2010 Communitas Leadership Award in Corporate Social Responsibility and Community Service from the Association of Marketing & Communication Professionals (AMCP). PSEG's winning submission highlighted the company's corporate endowments, partnerships in community development and education, volunteer efforts, the new Energy & Environemntal Resoure Center (EERC) in Salem and the 2010 sustainability report.
- Thanks to the efforts of its nearly 600 employee volunteers, PSEG again is the leading corporate sponsor of the March of Dimes New Jersey Chapter. In total, PSEG employees raised roughly $260,000 as part of the March for Babies.
- The Energy Daily Leadership Awards gave Energy Storage and Power LLC an honorable mention in the Most Innovative Technology category.
- PSEG received the Optimas Award for Partnership from the editors of Workforce Management magazine for the company's innovative collaboration with local community colleges and high schools to address a potentially critical workforce shortage.
- The New Jersey Council of County Vocational-Technical Schools named PSEG its Business Partner of the Year, recognizing the company's commitment to career and technical education and support of the Council's green initiatives.
- Energy Storage and Power’s compressed air energy storage technology (CAES), was named the Sustainable Technology Innovation of the Year at Platts Global Energy Awards. The award focuses on the research, development and commercialization potential of new technologies, regardless of their state of deployment. Energy Storage and Power LLC was chosen for its single-most innovative technology advance in the saving, making or cleaning up of energy.
- PSEG was presented with the Corporate Partner of the Year Award by the N.J Chapter of the National Black MBA Association (NJMBAA).
- PSE&G was presented with the National Reliability Excellence Award by the PA Constulting Grup, for being named America’s most reliable utility. PSE&G also won the Reliability Award for the Mid-Atlantic region for the eighth straight year.
- Citing PSE&G's support for many years, the company was awarded Mercer County Community College's Corporate Partner of the Year Award. PSE&G worked closely with the College to develop an Associate in Applied Science degree in Energy Utility Technology.
- PSE&G has been recognized by the solar industry for its game-changing innovations to expand the solar market that are models for replication around the country. The national Solar Energy Industries Association Industry Innovation Award was presented at the PV America solar conference in Philadelphia.
National Reliability Excellence Award: PSE&G was presented with the National Reliability Excellence Award for being named America’s most reliable utility. PSE&G also won the Reliability Award for the Mid-Atlantic region for the seventh straight year.
- PSEG was one of 125 companies named to the Dow Jones Sustainability North America Index (DJSI North America), and is one of only 10 U.S. electric companies to be included in the Index.
|- PSEG has been named to BusinessWeek's list of "50 Best Places to Launch a Career."
- PSEG was thanked by Attorney General Anne Milgrim for the company's commitment of $1.5 million to programs that are keeping kids safe after school.
- PSEG was named to the "Carbon Disclosure Leadership Index," a list that recognizes companies from across the globe that have displayed the most professional approach to corporate governance in respect of climate change disclosure practices.
- In recognition of PSEG’s efforts to expand solar energy as an essential part of the solution to the growing global energy crisis, Chairman Ralph Izzo was named CEO of the Year by the Solar Electric Power Association.
- Peggy Pego, PSEG’s senior vice president-human resources and chief human resources officer was named one of the "Best Women in Business" by NJ Biz Magazine.
- Manoj S. Chouthai, PSEG’s chief information officer, was named CIO of the Year by the New Jersey Technology Council.
- The Association of Energy Services Professionals (AESP) announced that PSE&G won the Energy Award for Outstanding Achievement in Pricing and Demand Response for the company’s myPower energy efficiency pilot. The award was presented at AESP’s National Energy Services Conference in Florida.
- The Women’s Political Caucus of New Jersey (WPCNJ) honored PSEG chairman, president and CEO, Ralph Izzo, for his advocacy on behalf of women. Izzo was awarded one of two “Good Guys Awards” at WPCNJ’s annual “Passion, Power and Progress” awards ceremony.
More information on PSEG's many other awards and recognitions can be found at the following links:
April 15, 2015Izzo Outlines PSEG's Investment Strategy at Annual Shareholder Meeting
April 15, 2014PSEG Declares Regular Quarterly Dividend
April 1, 2014April is New Jersey Underground Damage Prevention Month
PSEG named to 2013 North American DJSI Index
Recognized for economic, environmental and social responsibility.