- CUSTOMER SERVICE
- SAVE ENERGY & MONEY
- BUILDERS & CONTRACTORS
- PRODUCTS & SERVICES
WorryFreeSM Replacement Parts Service Contract Program for Business Customers
The agreement between PSE&G and participants in the Replacement Parts Service Contract Program for natural gas central building heaters, natural gas rooftop heaters, electric central air conditioners, natural gas fired storage type water heaters, hereinafter referred to as the Contract Program, the Contract, or the Program.
PSE&G Business Replacement Parts Service Contract Program
- The Program is optional. In the absence of a contract, parts will be adjusted, repaired, or replaced for a fee in accordance with PSE&G's procedure then in effect.
- The Program shall take effect 12:00 am on the 15th day following written or verbal commitment from the customer to a PSE&G representative. Parts ordered and/or installed during that interim period shall not be covered by the Contract Program.
- All natural gas central building heaters, natural gas rooftop heaters, electric central air conditioners and natural gas fired storage type water heaters are subject to inspection at PSE&G's discretion before acceptance.
- Equipment must be in good operating condition on the date the Program becomes effective.
- All service calls received by PSE&G are handled in order of receipt of request. Within the constraints of weather and work load conditions, PSE&G will endeavor to promptly repair or replace covered parts at no charge. PSE&G will not be responsible for delays beyond its reasonable control.
- All parts replaced under this Contract become the property of PSE&G without rebate or allowance in any form.
- Business Contract Limitations
- What is covered under the Business Contract Program
- Parts Covered Under the Business Replacement Parts Service Contract Program
- Electric Central Air Conditioner Parts Covered
- What is NOT Covered Under the Business Program
- Conditions of PSE&G's Contracts.
- Contract Cancellations
- Change of Address
- Choice of Payment Plans
- Missed or Late Service Contract Payment
- Contract Renewal
- If there is more than one natural gas building heater, central electric air conditioner or other appliance of the same type (i.e., 2 house heaters, 2 water heaters, etc.) a replacement parts contract must be purchased for each piece of equipment.
- PSE&G reserves the right to restrict specific makes of equipment from eligibility due to non-availability of parts. PSE&G will select parts used to complete repairs.
- If and when PSE&G determines that repair costs are greater than the replacement value of the equipment/appliance, PSE&G reserves the right not to repair, and to recommend replacement of failed equipment at the customers expense.
- If a contract was not purchased for each piece of equipment, parts will be adjusted, repaired or replaced for a fee in accordance with PSE&G's present procedures.
- Equipment must conform to the requirements of the American National Standards Institute as certified by a nationally recognized testing agency.
- Equipment must be installed in accordance with the installation requirements of the manufacturer, PSE&G, and/or the authority having jurisdiction. Equipment and parts must conform to all local and state codes and laws.
- Equipment must be accessible for repairs. The building owner shall be responsible for providing safe access to all equipment including OSHA approved ladders, cages, attic flooring, attic ventilation, lighting, etc.
- Work must be performed by a PSE&G service technician. Credit will not be issued for any replacement parts covered under the Contract that are not installed by PSE&G.
- Labor and replacement parts associated with the adjustment and repair of covered gas and electric equipment.
- Gas central building heaters with nameplate inputs up to 399,000 BTU's.
- Electric central air conditioning split systems up to 5 tons.
- Gas rooftop heaters with nameplate inputs up to 150,000 BTU's.
- Packaged systems (combination of both gas heating and electric central air conditioning, normally installed as a rooftop system) with air conditioning up to 5 tons and heating up to 150,000 BTU'S.
- Natural gas fired storage type water heaters up to 100 gallons.
- Packaged Systems (combination of both gas heating and electric central air conditioning, normally installed as a rooftop system) must have both the gas heating and electric air conditioning covered under a Contract.
- Outside air conditioning condensing unit coil cleaning.
- Cleaning and repairing accessible condensate lines.
|Here are all the parts that will be replaced by PSE&G without any additional charge if they become defective or inoperable as a result of normal wear and usage.|
|Gas Central Boilers, Furnaces, Rooftop Heaters and Gas Water Heaters:|
* If a replacement motor is unavailable, the original motor will be rebuilt.
ALL PARTS NOT LISTED ARE NOT COVERED UNDER THE SERVICE CONTRACT
- Condenser Fan Motors
- Condenser Fan Blades
- Motor Contactors
- Start Capacitors
- Run Capacitors
- External Crank Case Heaters
- Standard Area/Room Thermostats**(sensors not included)
- Hard Wired Thermostat Batteries***
- Thermostat Backplates
- Low Voltage Wiring (only if wiring is exposed and accessible)
- Hi and Low Pressure Switches
- Hard Start Kits
- Motor Speed Controls
- Low Ambient Temperature Controls
- Condensate Pumps
- Blower Motors*
- Time Delay Controls
- Metering Devices
- Filter Driers
- Sight Glasses
- Fuses (cartridge type)
- Valve Cores (shrader type)
- Service port valve caps
*If a replacement motor is unavailable, and if feasible the motor will be rebuilt
**Automatic set-back thermostats will be replaced with comparable models used by PSE&G at time of replacement. Customers having a standard thermostat that is defective may have it replaced with an automatic set-back thermostat at an additional fee.
***Routine Battery Replacement is Not Covered
Finish defects, rusting, corrosion and finish flaws on housings or component failure resulting from rust or corrosion of any product are not covered.
ALL PARTS NOT LISTED ARE NOT COVERED UNDER THE SERVICE CONTRACT
- The installation or replacement of new equipment.
- Turn-on charge for gas central heating units during the period from the third Monday in September to October 31.
- Normal preventive maintenance such as: properly cleaning and/or replacing air filters, the proper adjustment of air registers, the lubrication of motors and other moving parts, maintenance cleaning such as cleaning boiler water, draining of expansion tanks, cleaning of sight glass, bleeding of air from radiators and hot water heating systems, cleaning of equipment and/or any preventive maintenance as required by the manufacturer.
- Materials and labor for any service in addition to that specified in the contract, such as sheet metal work, electrical house wiring, moving or relocating the equipment.
- Repairs necessary due to negligence, theft, misuse, abuse, vandalism or lack of normal preventative maintenance.
- Failures caused by fire, freezing, water damage, power supply outages, floods, acts of God or any other conditions beyond the reasonable control of PSE&G.
- Repairs due to faulty design, improper installation, or to work done by anyone other than PSE&G.
- Finish defects, rusting, corrosion, or component failure resulting from rust or corrosion on any piece of equipment.
- Appearance and trim parts, and upgraded components, such as humidifiers and electronic air filters.
- Heat pumps for heating or cooling.
- Unit and Space Heaters
- Air conditioning systems with refrigerant other than R-22.
- Cleaning evaporator coils
- Air conditioning compressors.
- Refrigeration leaks on electric central air conditioning systems and line set piping.
- Replacement of standard batteries, light bulbs and ballasts are not covered but may be replaced for an additional charge.
- Computer and Energy Management Systems.
- Heating economizers.
Parts not covered may be replaced at normal Time and Material charges from PSE&G or may be handled by another contractor at your own expense.
PSE&G WARRANTS THAT, SUBJECT TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS STATED HEREIN, PSE&G WILL REPAIR OR REPLACE THE GAS OR ELECTRIC APPLIANCE COMPONENT PARTS COVERED UNDER THE CONTRACT WHICH BECOME DEFECTIVE OR INOPERABLE AS A RESULT OF NORMAL WEAR AND USAGE. THIS WARRANTY APPLIES ONLY TO COVERED PARTS. PSE&G MAKES NO OTHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR GUARANTEES OF ANY KIND AND ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR GUARANTEES ARE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMED. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL PSE&G BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSSES OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, RESULTING FROM THE FAILURE OR INOPERABILITY OF CUSTOMER EQUIPMENT OR SYSTEMS IN EXCESS OF THE PAYMENT RECEIVED BY PSE&G UNDER THIS AGREEMENT.
PSE&G ASSUMES NO RESPONSIBILITY AND SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY TYPE OF DAMAGE CAUSED BY OR ARISING FROM THE MALFUNCTIONING OF THE EQUIPMENT, WHETHER COVERED UNDER A CONTRACT OR NOT.
PSE&G WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR UNAVOIDABLE DELAYS, FAILURE TO SERVICE, UNAVAILABILITY OF PARTS, LABOR DIFFICULTIES, ACTS OF GOD, FIRES, FLOODS OR ANY OTHER CONDITIONS BEYOND THE REASONABLE CONTROL OF PSE&G.
PSE&G will terminate participation in the Contract and make a prorated refund on request, under the following circumstances:
- Parts are no longer available from the original manufacturer and there are no alternate or interchangeable parts.
- The removal of a defective part or the installation of a replacement part could result in damage to the appliance or could introduce a safety hazard.
- PSE&G refuses to proceed with any repairs where the repair cost would be greater than the replacement value of the equipment.
- The equipment is not used for their usual or designated purposes.
You may cancel the Contract at any time for any reason. Should you cancel your Contract within the first 30 days you will receive a full refund. When canceled after 30 days the refund will be based on the unused portion of your Contract. Customer must notify PSE&G in writing.
Coverage is not transferable to another address. However, where the equipment remains in operation at the premises the unexpired term of coverage will be applied to the succeeding occupant of the premises at no additional charge.
You may pay for your coverage in equal installments over nine months on your regular PSE&G bill or you may choose to pay in full.
Owner Occupied Customers who qualify and participate in the Contract Program are eligible for the payment options. Current customers who are not using the payment option are eligible for the payment options beginning the month that their coverage is automatically renewed.
Non-occupant owners and landlords are not eligible for payment options but are required to provide payment in full prior to coverage used by tenants.
If payments are missed or late, PSE&G may demand immediate payment of the entire amount owed or immediate payment of costs (labor and parts) of all services provided less any payments made to PSE&G.
Unless otherwise notified by the customer, PSE&G shall automatically renew coverage upon expiration of this agreement. For any such renewal, PSE&G reserves the right to change the price, scope of coverage, or any terms of the Contract. In the event of such changes, customer may discontinue participation in the Contract.
*LONG ISLAND CUSTOMERS GO TO: WWW.PSEGLINY.COM